Sunday, August 31, 2008

To whom it may concern,
On Monday morning, 25th August 2008, I boarded bus service * at 8.40 am, one stop before *.
What was supposed to be a routine morning bus ride to work for me turned out to be a gruesome morning, thanks to an inconsiderate bus driver of yours, driving SBS 9277K.
I truly understand how frustrating it may be to drive a bus packed with the morning crowd, but nevertheless, I strongly believe that it is NEVER an excuse for you to be irresponsible and inconsiderate.
Unlike any other driver I've commuted with, this is the first time, that an SBS bus driver does not warn passengers (especially in a super crowded bus) that the doors will be closing and that they are to move in as far back as possible. Therefore, when front doors of the first bus were shut without any warning to us, the door hit the back of my left foot. But when it stopped at *, which was the stop I was alighting, it was evident that he knew the bus was packed. I really thought he would take the initiative to at least open the back doors first to allow passengers at the back to alight, so that we passengers at the front could move in and then he would open the front doors to let those at the front alight. But hell no, your bus driver, without even warning us to position ourselves in that squeezy bus properly to avoid being hit my the opening doors or taking the initiative to open the back doors first, simply opened both front and back doors of the bus. No excuse from him would ever be logical for him doing so, as it was evident just how packed the bus was! And that there are people standing all the way from front to the back. He did not even bother to utter anything. I wouldn't even have minded if he were to shout "Excuse me! Door opening!", but he simply kept mum and I think that was really rude. And as a result of his inconsiderate action, the front doors of bus SBS 9277K hit me and worst still, injured the back of my left foot too, and I swear it was excruciatingly painful. Attached is a photo to show you that I am not exaggerating; neither am I lying.
Another reason why I'm utterly disappointed and angered by the poor service rendered was because I work in *, under the laboratory department. There in the lab, it is a must that we wear covered shoes and we must minimise open cuts and wounds on ourselves as we deal with hundreds of blood specimens and body samples day in and day out. Due to the fact that I was injured, and a had deep wounds at the back of my feet, I posed a risk of being infected and I had to walk around in slippers. Here in my lab we deal with all kinds of infected samples. Even those which are HIV positive. Would your firm want to take responsbility if I were to be infected thanks to my open wound?
Already there are plans to increase (yet again) public transport fares. And that's as if it's not costly enough already. And yet your management has allowed such a thing to happen to the extent of inflicting injury to commuters. What a shame.
I want this matter to be looked into and I am sure I deserve in every way, some form of compensation. It is already kind enough of me that I have not brought this matter up to the Straits Times' forum and to Stomp. I am more than sure that the public will be just as disappointed as I am.
* represents information that I cannot divulge.
I cannot be bothered to write yet another account of what had happened into this blog so I simply cut and paste from the email I'd sent. Sad.
Labels: we'll see how
X O X O; 11:30 pm